Oh my gosh. These are addicting! They are sweet, salty, crunchy and just delish!
- Cut top off plantain then slice as thin as possible with mandolin. (Or knife of you don't have a mandolin)
- Carefully remove the skins. (Keeping the skin on makes slicing way easier)
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil in sautee pan then add a dozen or less slices of plantain.
- Cook about 2 minutes then flip to cook for another 2 minutes. It might take a little longer than 2 minutes depending on how thin/thick they are sliced. Keep a close eye- they can burn easily.
- Remove with spatula, place on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat for the rest of the slices.
I'm going to need these on the regular!
NOTE: Green plantains will make non-sweet chips, brown or yellow will make sweet!